- Focus on Brown's illegitimacy at every turn. The electorate shouldn't be able to forget how he came to power. Eventually, he will lose his cool.
- Campaign for an EU referendum*. At the least election all three parties made a manifesto commitment to grant the British people a referendum on constitutional changes in the EU. Played well, this story can run and run.
- Go hard on English votes for English issues. Making a deal with Alex Salmond and the SNP for them to back this campaign would be an astute move.
- Give a greater say to the party grassroots. Giving members a say in MEP selections would be a start.
- Spend time attacking Labour rather than Conservative "past" . Fight as a team and on all policy fronts. In the last few days I've seen Andrew Lansley, David Davis and William Hague all over the media. Where were they over the last six months?
* An expert wonk should be working on preparing some killer wording for a relevant 10 Downing Street petition.